We are asked for insights into different areas of church life on a consistent basis. Today, we cover the seven most frequent issues pastors come to us with.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- When church leaders are looking for a resources they mostly want to know what is best, not just what is available.
- You can’t microwave leadership development.
- Church revitalization has gone from something that was rarely discussed five years ago; now it is at the forefront of church discussions.
- A church will not be outwardly-focused if the pastor is not outwardly-focused.
The seven issues we discuss are:
- Where to go for answers and resources
- How to deal with business and leadership issues
- Dealing with critics
- Understanding how to revitalize a church
- Knowing how/when to begin at a church or exit a church
- Dealing with staff issues
- Leading a church to become outwardly focused
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.