Your church can become more welcoming regardless of how welcoming you may think it already is. Today we cover six simple adjustments that cost little to nothing that will have exponentially great results.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Your church’s website is its front door to guests. The content and design need to be focused on them, not on the members.
- A dirty or unkept children’s area will turn guests away from your church.
- It doesn’t take a lot of work to train a welcome team. It just takes intentionality.
- Door greeters are great, but having someone to greet those in the worship center may be more important.
The six adjustments we discuss are:
- Check the website.
- Do a facility audit.
- Train a welcome team.
- Keep greeters in worship center.
- Paint a room.
- Get some inexpensive signs.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.