Podcast Episode #188
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- In the future denominations will need to partner along side churches to resource them instead of pushing resources down to them.
- Churches are having difficulty finding staff that they need. The old systems don’t work anymore.
- One of the major benefits of using a search firm to help find church staff is the speed of finding the right person.
- Congregations are tenacious. They don’t die easily.
- The silver lining to churches dying is that new churches will have facilities available.
- The increased adversarial role of government is making it difficult for churches in the US.
- The entertainment focus of senior adult ministry is waning.
The eight trends we cover today are:
- The rise of the mini-denomination church.
- Increased pastoral tenure.
- Rise of alternative ministry placement organizations.
- Increase in the number of Millennials who are Christians.
- Accelerated decline of 100,000 American congregations.
- Churches no longer viewed favorably by many governmental units.
- More bivocational pastors and staff.
- Dramatic changes in senior adult ministries.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.