Podcast Episode #205
A look at how churches can better steward their facilities and how to deal with opposition to facility usage.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- College football stadiums are possibly the only large facilities used less often than most church worship centers.
- Ministry is about using resources to reach people for Christ. It’s not about hoarding resources.
- If your church lets outside groups use its facility, a clear rental policy needs to be in place.
- We’ve been doing the same things for so long that we rarely stop and ask “is this the best use of our space?”
- A facility usage audit is often critical to growing your small groups on campus.
- The type of seating you place in your worship center determines what else can be done in that room.
- Stage size is something to consider when making any changes to seating or design of a worship center.
- Church facilities are one of the largest expenses in a church budget. We should steward those expenses well.
The eight ways your church can use your church facilities more effectively are:
- Determine your philosophy of sacred space
- Partner with other organizations
- Create a church within a church
- Have a clear rental policy
- Do a facility audit (including space audit)
- Think creatively about space
- Think wisely when purchasing new fixtures and seating.
- Check your insurance policy for any specific exclusions
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.