Unless you work for an organization like the CIA, then transparency is often among the top characteristics requested of leaders. Of course, even organizations built on the foundation of secrecy have gotten into trouble for a lack of transparency. Transparency is a healthy leadership characteristic. But why? In the context of a local church, what does a transparent pastor encourage, as opposed to one who is not?
- Transparent leaders encourage generosity, while secretive leaders raise unnecessary financial questions.
- Transparent leaders encourage the church to take risks, while secretive leaders make people afraid to fail.
- Transparent leaders encourage levity, while secretive leaders create channels of gossip and rumors.
- Transparent leaders encourage accountability, while secretive leaders breed a culture of distrust.
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
- DaysSpring and Tyndale have partnered together to bring you this encouraging Bible in the NLT translation.
- The DaySpring Hope & Encouragement Bible amplifies twelve indisputable truths about who you are in Christ such as you are known, you are blessed, and you have a reason for hope.
- These truths equip you to recognize and embrace your treasured place in God’s heart.
- Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to face any challenge, step into your toughest calling, and live the adventure God has for you.
- These Bibles include
- 250 Dayspring reflections
- 52 full-page devotionals
- And a full-color interior
- Link: https://www.tyndale.com/sites/hopeandencouragementbible/