It’s a tough word to say and requires wisdom to keep. We hear a lot about what we should and should not keep confidential. Today’s episode of Rainer on Leadership is packed full of great information for church leaders concerning the importance of confidentiality.
- Always report abuse, no exceptions
- Be careful when someone makes you promise confidentiality before telling you something
- One mistake can cause a ripple effect with others
- Do not sacrifice confidence with one person to gain with a group of others
- Break confidence when you are concerned about the person’s safety
- Keep confidence even when it may hurt your reputation
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.