We celebrate episode 500 with donuts and a discussion on why churches are really cranking up their intentional outreach this year.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Easy church growth due to reaching cultural Christians is no longer viable for churches.
- Churches have moved away from programmatic outreach and evangelism but are still looking to and relying on tools to help them reach non-Christians.
- Too much church outreach is not tied closely enough to evangelism and reaching non-Christians.
- Thank you listeners for 500 episodes of Rainer on Leadership.
The five reasons that we discuss are:
- They understand the implications of the death of cultural Christianity.
- Inertia requires a major push to overcome.
- New tools will emerge.
- Many churches will re-engage attendance growth.
- It will become an accountability issue for church leaders.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.