Today Thom and Sam discuss the purpose of the local church as a key instrument of the Great Commission. Discipleship is the primary tool the church uses to fulfill the Great Commission. The conversation today covers the importance of making disciples and characteristics of discipleship.
- The difference between decisions and disciples
- The biblical path of the early Church
- Accountability is difficult outside of the local church
- Fighting perceptions about the local church
- In the Great Commission, the decision to follow Christ is the decision to be a disciple.
- The instrument God uses to make disciples is the local church.
- If you become a member of the local church, then you are expressing a willingness to be held accountable.
- The church doesn’t exist for itself, but as a representative of the gospel in the community.
- Effective Rural Church Coaching
- Evangelism in the 21st Century: The Critical Issues
- Evangelism in the Early Church
- EST Podcast
- Revitalize & Replant Podcast
- Revitalization Hero Story
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.