“What should I do when I’m ready to quit?” That question is faced every week by countless pastors across the country. Today, we cover how best to respond to it.
- Most discouragement in ministry is related to issues with people. Start with praying for others when you’re discouraged.
- If you’re going to be in ministry, there will be hard days and days where you want to quit.
- Use conferences as a time of refreshment. Let outside events energize you for your local ministry.
- “Pastors, find your worth in who Jesus is—not in your church size.”
The five options we discuss are:
- Get an outside perspective
- Take a break
- Go bi-vocational
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Ridgecrest Conference Center
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.