Mark and Thom delve into the issue of changing your church’s name. They suggest asking five questions. Too many church leaders have made big mistakes by not asking these questions:
1. Is there a compelling reason to change the name?
2. Is the reason for changing the name more positive than negative?
3. Have I asked the opinion of key influencers in the church?
4. Is this the right decision for the church if I am gone in a year?
5. What are the consequences if the effort fails?
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.