Church leaders are often shocked to discover many of their most faithful volunteers have not returned to their ministries. Mark and Thom look at five ways to jump-start your church’s volunteer ministry base:
- Restart your new members class with the expectation of being involved in ministry.
- Ask for eight-week commitments.
- Ask members who have never done volunteer work in the church.
- Ask guests.
- Do a sermon series on the work of ministry.
- I Am a Church Member: Discovering the Attitude that Makes the Difference by Thom S. Rainer
- The Post-Quarantine Church: Six Urgent Challenges and Opportunities That Will Determine the Future of Your Congregation by Thom S. Rainer
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.