In this three-part series, Kevin and Thom look at new research from Church Answers detailing how churches are growing since the pandemic. In this first part, they provide an overview of the research and the primary characteristics of the “other” churches — churches that are declining.
1. The nature of the research.
2. A review of issues of acceleration and exacerbation.
3. The pre-COVID world is not coming back.
4. A case study of a church that is declining post-COVID
5. The case for hope for churches not growing
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.