The common metrics of worship attendance, conversions, and financial giving have not gone away. But there are other ways to look at church health. In this episode, Kevin and Thom look at five of those ways.
1. Church unity – tough to measure, but usually evident.
2. The number of guests – effectiveness of inviting people.
3. Resources allocated to outward focus – the Great Commission still matters.
4. Group attendance – the metric that needs to make a comeback.
5. The number of ministry volunteers – another metric that needs tracking.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.