Mark and Thom look at the issue of perceived failure in ministry and share why failure is rarely final. In this third episode of three, they discuss how church leaders can recover from failure and use the failure for their growth and God’s glory.
- Admitting and apologizing for the mistake is the critical first or early step.
- You may need some a break from the church.
- Find trusted counselors.
- Though you don’t want to minimize the issue, you ultimately need to move forward positively in ministry.
- Never forget that Christ has forgiven you.
- Listen to “When You Get Fired or Pushed Out of a Church – Part 1 of a 3 Part Series: Why Failure in Ministry Is Not Final”
- Listen to “When You Fail in a Church – Part 2 of a 3 Part Series: Why Failure in Ministry Is Not Final”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.