It is almost cliche to say revitalization is tough. But it is a challenge. Thom and Mark speak with countless pastors and staff who don’t think they are up to the task. This three-part series may prove to be a blessing to those who are discouraged and wonder if they can lead the revitalization. In this first episode, Thom and Mark examine why some of these leaders have doubts.
- Leadership is an ambiguous term.
- Church members can create doubt and uncertainty in the heart of revitalization leaders.
- Most revitalizations look like insurmountable obstacles.
- Remember, Moses didn’t think he was a leader either.
- “Reclaiming Glory, Updated Edition: Creating a Gospel Legacy throughout North America” by Mark Clifton
- COMING SOON! Episode #285: “Leading a Church Revitalization Even When You Don’t Feel Like You Are a Leader – Part 2: Four Common Leadership Obstacles in a Church Revitalization”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.