Kevin and Thom look at a common issue facing many churches: low commitment of church members. They take you on a three-part journey that both explains the reasons for the low commitment and ways your church can move to higher commitments. In this third of three episodes, they explain how to move church members to higher commitment.
1. The process to move members to higher commitment may take longer than you expect.
2. Be prepared to lose some members.
3. The new member class is critical.
4. Groups are critical.
5. The challenge is to move church members from entitlement to service.
- Check out “Leading a Low-Commitment Church to Become a High Commitment Church – Episode 1 of 3: How Low-Commitment Churches Got That Way”
- Check out “Leading a Low-Commitment Church to Become a High Commitment Church – Episode 2 of 3: Leading Leaders to Higher Commitment”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.