When you’re replanting, you have to have a plan of action and a team. Today, we talk about building that team.
Today’s Listener Question:
What are some suggestions you would have in organizing a replanting team from within the church?
- It’s important to love the church you pastor, not the one you wish you pastored.
- In a church replant, you have to identify prayer warriors in the congregation.
- “Give me a church full of prayer warriors any day.” – Mark Clifton
- “Prayer is wartime communication.” – John Piper
- Satan gets us to really under estimate the power of prayer.
- Elderly church members still need discipling, just like younger ones.
- One of the biggest struggles in a replant or revitalization is facility idolatry.
The five steps for organizing a replant from within that we cover are:
- Evaluate remaining members
- Seek out prayer warriors
- Seek those who are already involved in the community
- Spend time with you team
- Affirm what God desires to do through your church
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Est. Podcast
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.