Almost every week, the team at Church Answers gets one or more questions about bylaws. For many church leaders, bylaws seem to be, at best, a necessary evil. Thom and Kevin look at this issue from a few different angles with the guarded conclusion that, yes, church leaders do need to examine their bylaws.
- You need to look at your bylaws to make certain the church is meeting all legal standards.
- You need to look at your bylaws to make certain there are no “dumb” clauses.
- You need to look at your bylaws with an eye to maintain unity in the church.
- You need to look at your bylaws while not letting them distract you from the mission of the church.
- You need to look at your bylaws because culture and the community change fast.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.