Mark and Thom look at some of the unspoken but very real issues in church revitalization. They confront the reality of the issue and then offer a pathway to deal with it. In this second of three episodes, they examine the challenge a revitalization leader has when he thinks the denomination or network is not supportive.
- No denomination will ever give all the support a church leader would like.
- We have to be careful about crossing the line from desiring support to becoming dependent.
- Worrying about denominational support is a distraction to your ministry.
- Consider making a reasonable proposal to your denomination or network.
- Listen to Part 1 of 3: Elephants in the Room in Revitalization – “My Spouse is Ready to Leave the Church, but I’m Not”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.