Every pastor should have a sense of calling to ministry. But is that necessarily to revitalization or not? Today, we discuss that calling.
Today’s Listener Question:
Is serving in a revitalization a separate calling than the initial calling to pastoral ministry? If so, how?
- “Revitalization is God’s work. You’re not gonna make it happen in a church just because you show up as the pastor.”
- “In a revitalization, you need spousal perseverance, not just spousal cooperation.”
- Your community should feel the impact of your church and the presence your church members.
- Church revitalizers need to have a long term perspective.
- Pastors, don’t let your self worth be tied up in the size of your church.
The six aspects of a calling that we discuss are:
- It is a local congregational calling
- It is a family calling
- It is a stage-of-life calling
- It is a missionary calling
- It is a community calling
- It is a personality calling
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.