What are some things your church needs to know when looking for a pastor? Thom and Kevin share seven incredible steps to help your church as you look for a pastor.
- Get a clear picture of the church’s actual health.
- Get a clear picture of the church’s perceived health.
- Get a clear picture of the community the church serves.
- Spend more time than ever reaching out to the church’s community.
- Be cautious of the “pendulum swing syndrome.”
- Communicate, communicate, communicate.
- Be wary of the traditional steps that slow a search process.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.