More churches are combining worship services than at any point in recent history. Mark and Thom look at several issues you should first consider if this possibility is on the table.
- Make sure you know the “why.”
- Consider space psychology.
- What resources do you have available?
- Remember the “15% axiom.”
- Don’t forget the parking issue.
- “Five Reasons Why Decreasing the Number of Worship Services Might Be the Best Move” by Thom S. Rainer
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.