Churches need funding for ministry. Whether you’re in a revitalization or not, these principles can help you when it comes to increasing giving in your church.
- Lack of trust in leadership will lead to a decrease in church giving.
- Millennials don’t give to institutions as much as they give toward a vision and passion.
- People will give toward causes, but they will give more because of relationships.
- Churches should report weekly giving and attendance. People trust the church more when there is transparency and accountability.
The seven ways to increase giving which we discuss are:
- Make clear the vision and the passion.
- Remember: Giving is impacted about perceptions of leadership.
- Transparency and accountability are crucial.
- Never take for granted the income-giving stream.
- Don’t forget the income potential from capital sources.
- Don’t forget estate giving (the simple 10% principle).
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.