Churches need funding for ministry. Whether you’re in a revitalization or not, these principles can help you when it comes to increasing giving in your church.
- Lack of trust in leadership will lead to a decrease in church giving.
- Millennials don’t give to institutions as much as they give toward a vision and passion.
- People will give toward causes, but they will give more because of relationships.
- Churches should report weekly giving and attendance. People trust the church more when there is transparency and accountability.
The seven ways to increase giving which we discuss are:
- Make clear the vision and the passion.
- Remember: Giving is impacted about perceptions of leadership.
- Transparency and accountability are crucial.
- Never take for granted the income-giving stream.
- Don’t forget the income potential from capital sources.
- Don’t forget estate giving (the simple 10% principle).
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.