Church Revitalization is hard. Pastors often feel like they are drowning. Thom and Mark take some time to encourage leaders in the thick of church revitalization.
- You are not alone.
- You are not to blame.
- It will take a while, but you will make it.
- Most criticisms are not meant to hurt you personally.
- You are doing a great work for God.
- Simple victories must be celebrated.
- Church revitalization and replanting are spiritual warfare.
- Pastors in Church Revitalization and Replanting feel alone and the adversary wants you to feel alone.
- Satan has no offense to penetrate the armor of God.
- You are not alone because God is with you. You are not alone because God’s people are with you.
- You are not responsible for the mess you walked into.
- Pastors! Preach, pray, and stay where God has called you.
- If you are being obedient to Christ none of your time is wasted.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.