In a replant or revitalization, everything needs to have a purpose—including corporate worship. Today we unpack six key reminders about the importance of corporate worship.
Today’s Listener Question:
I’m a bi-vo worship leader at my church that is a replant. What is my role and the role of worship in our replant scenario?
- It’s not uncommon for pastors in small churches to double as the worship leader.
- The authenticity of worship matters much more than the style of worship.
- When leading corporate worship, meet the congregation where they are and lead them where they need to go.
- Don’t let your style of worship become your idol.
- In corporate worship, the heart of the matter is the heart of the people.
- The greatest instrument to worship God is the human voice.
The six keys to worship in a replant are:
- There’s nothing attractional about something about to die
- Replanting is an act of worship
- Too many members have no concept of what corporate worship means
- Those who lead worship must be focus on how they can best lead the remaining group to make much of God together
- Gathered worship must be authentic and must be gospel saturated
- Worship is used to change the heart of the remaining members
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- He Will Hold Me Fast – The Gettys
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.