We would all love for things to return to normal. But in reality, this will not happen any time soon, if ever. With this in mind, Thom and Kevin discuss six mistakes to avoid as your church regathers.
- Assuming that “normal” will return.
- Neglecting community ministry and outreach.
- Talking more about problems than opportunities.
- Failing to seek outside perspectives.
- Failing to reach the digital mission field.
- Obsessing about non-returning members.
Resources in Today’s Episode:
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.