Many churches are considering replanting or adopting churches as a strategy to reach a larger community or communities. In this three-part series, Kevin and Thom look at the more common topics and questions from church leaders who desire to move forward. In part one, they look at perhaps the most common question: Where do we find a church that wants to be replanted?
- Most replants are relationship-based.
- Some organizations like NAMB may provide these connections.
- Be aware that most churches seeking replanting think they have run out of options.
- Considering fostering as a first step.
- Finding the second church is usually easier than finding the first church.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.