It is one of the most difficult meetings a leader will have. The time has come to tell a team member that he or she is being let go. On today’s episode, Thom shares some insights to guide you through this process.
- Show the compassion of Christ. Remember you are dealing with a person, not a budgetary burden. They have hopes and dreams and families.
- Make certain you have all your facts right.
- Don’t kick the can.
- Be honest and transparent. Be kind, but don’t sugarcoat.
- Be as generous as possible.
- Pray before, during, and after.
- Note: Read Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.