Revitalization won’t happen in a church that doesn’t put forth the effort. Today, we discuss why some churches actually don’t try to revitalize.
- There are two types of job coasting: laziness and avoidance.
- Sometimes churches don’t think they need to revitalize because they compare themselves to other churches instead of realizing what they should be.
- For churches needing major revitalization, often the pastor then end up hiring is not the pastor they actually need.
- Most pastors don’t want to see their church die. Those who do need to check their own spiritual condition.
The points we discuss are:
- Simply stated, neither the members nor the pastor want to put forth the effort.
- Members are intensely change resistant.
- Some pastors have been burned.
- Some pastors are coasting.
- Common attitude #1: “Things are really not that bad.”
- Common attitude #2: “We will get the right pastor in time.”
- Common attitude #3: “We would rather die than change.”
- Almost all of the churches, if they seek help at all, wait too long.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.