Churches are vital to the health of their communities. And if the church isn’t connected to its community, the fault lies on the church, not the community.
Today’s Listener Question:
When a church seems content with having no impact in their community and having their members commute from outside the community, what reason can you give them to see the importance of turning that around?
- A church that does not live in its community is often not involved in its community.
- The most positive impact on a neighborhood should come from churches in that neighborhood.
- Don’t resent your community for not responding to your church like they once did.
- As churches, we are making a poor representation of God when we do not love and reach our communities.
- Your church is there for the community. The community is not there for your church.
- Serving Christians are often joyful Christians.
The four critical understandings we discuss are:
- Understand the community has changed
- Understand the level to which they have been blessed
- Understand the community as an opportunity to display love
- Understand it is obedience
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.