Though it’s only two years away, churches in America will look significantly different than they do today. The pandemic accelerated trends that were already in place. Kevin and Thom look at some future realities just around the corner.
1. Non-evangelistic churches will decline rapidly and die. The transfer growth is just not there.
2. Worship gatherings will be significantly smaller.
3. The churches that are “for” will be healthier than the churches who are “against.”
4. “Multi” will multiply significantly.
5. Co-vocational ministry will have grown rapidly.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.