Mark and Thom discuss the painful issue of depression among pastors and other church staff. In many ways, it has become an epidemic and must be addressed. In this second of three podcasts, Mark and Thom address church members directly about this issue, urging them to be proactive in helping their pastors and other church leaders.
1. Most pastors don’t feel like they can tell anyone about their struggles.
2. Suicide is a real and present danger.
3. Every pastor and staff member needs at least one church member advocate.
4. Your pastor might need time off.
5. Ask your pastors how they are doing mentally and emotionally.
- Listen to, “When Church Leaders Fight Depression – A Three-Part Series – Part 1: Why Depression Is More Common in Church Leaders Today”
- Focus on the Family Pastoral Care Line – 1-844-4-PASTOR (472-7867).
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.