As some point, successful revitalization turns into church growth when the turnaround is complete. Today we discuss markers you may see along your revitalization path.
Some highlights from today’s episode:
- Knowing the health of your church when you “start” a revitalization is important to be able to measure progress.
- Would your community miss your church if the church closed tomorrow?
- Highly evangelistic churches are typically healthy churches.
- Churches that are actually being revitalized will show signs of success in revitalization.
The seven signs that we discuss are:
- When the DNA and attitude of the church has a definite and positive change
- When the community embraces the church
- When attendance declines have reversed or slowed
- When the church begins to get new and positive members to replace malcontents who left the church
- When at least one of ten of your active adults shares his or her faith on a regular basis
- When prayer becomes a priority in the church
- When there are fewer meetings for more ministry
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Bundle
- Pray and Go
- Revitalize Network
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.