The common growth barrier for churches for over 50 years was 200 in average worship attendance. Thom and Mark argue that the new barrier is 50 to 100. But they not only tell you why it is the new growth barrier, they share how your church can burst through the barrier.
1. One-half of North American churches have an average worship attendance below 65.
2. Individual pastoral care is almost impossible as a church approaches 100 in attendance.
3. The berry bucket is alive and well.
4. Pastoral exhaustion is too common among these churches.
5. Evangelism is necessary to get beyond 100 consistently.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.