Mark and Thom delve into the painful issue of examining why churches died. They do so that future deaths might be prevented. They also show how churches today can move to health rather than death.
- Every church is moving either toward a more vibrant life or toward death.
- Most dying churches are in denial (an issue we will unpack in the next podcast).
- Most dying churches think they have more time.
- Most dying churches are looking for a silver bullet.
- Most dying churches will indeed die.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.