Often when faced with difficult circumstances, throwing in the towel can seem like a very attractive option. Which is why perseverance in the face of difficulty is one of the most critical attributes needed in church revitalization. Thom and Mark discuss several of the reasons why in today’s episode.
- Change can seem interminably slow.
- You must be able to outlast your most vocal critics.
- Year 5 is often a magical year.
- You must be able to develop the mindset of “two steps backward, three steps forward.”
- Short-term pastorates hurt any churches, but especially churches in need of revitalization.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.