We have begun to migrate from the word merger to adoption when talking about replanting churches. The language of adoption is stronger suited for the work occurring between churches, which is why adoption language is catching on.
- It indicates one family who will welcome another.
- It makes common sense to the church being adopted.
- It really fits well with the family metaphor being used for churches.
- It clearly defines the relationship between the two churches.
- It defines a relationship based on love.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.