Pray for Atlanta Methodist Church in Atlanta, Texas
Atlanta Methodist Church in Texas has had from its beginnings a mission “To Inspire People to Boldly Live out the Hope of Christ.” The history of that mission began with Atlanta’s first Methodist Episcopal Church, South, when it was organized in 1873, holding services under a brush arbor. By 1939, AMC had moved from a very small beginning, to become the leading church in the Texarkana District. Drew Weber serves as their pastor.
Pastor Drew Weber began his time at AMC in July 1, 2020, quickly developing a loving connection with the church and its local mission field. He leads with a sense of urgency to keep his church focused on outreach, hospitality, and an experience of God through both. Drew has served at other Texas churches since 2009. He firmly believes the Holy Spirit is the driving force for all growing and vibrant churches and his favorite verse in the Bible is John 14:6-7: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
Atlanta Methodist also operates a day school, providing preschool and extended care for children ages 2 months thru Pre-K 4. AMC offers care for school-age children 5 through 12 years of age as well as an after school care program. Pray that God will work in the hearts and minds of the children through the staff and church members.
Join us as we pray specifically for:
- The Holy Spirit will be unhindered in any way from working through the members and ministry of Atlanta Methodist Church.
- Wisdom among church staff and leaders to engage in creative and faithful ways to reach the children and their families in the community.
- Their transition from leaving the United Methodist Church and any hurdles that this presents for them.
- The members of Atlanta Methodist will continue to be welcoming to those in the community, showing hospitality.
- The children’s ministry director will be a blessing to families and children and will effectively develop a team of volunteers to help.
- A renewed vitality and vibrancy toward outreach and evangelism within the church.
- The day school, that it will continue to grow and used by God to engage children with the gospel.