Pray for Fellowship Baptist Church in Highland, New York
Fellowship Baptist Church, located in Highland, NY, is a small congregation with under 40 members. After the previous pastor resigned and covid hit, the church struggled for about three years without a pastor. Recently, the church called Erik Stubbs to serve as the pastor on June 18, 2023.
Erik, prior to his new role as FBC’s pastor, served as Secondary Level Bible Teacher for Tabernacle Christian Academy in Poughkeepsie, NY. Erik has a deep passion for preaching, leadership development, and counseling. He graduated from Luther Rice Seminary in 2014 with a degree in Biblical Studies. Erik and his wife, Lisa, have been married for 15 years and as a blended family, they have four children: Erik has two adult children and Lisa has one adult child; together they have a daughter, Liv.
During the three years without a pastor, several families stopped attending and their AWANA ministry ceased. In the past year, they have started several outreaches to the community and are trying to revitalize our church. Pray that God will work in and through Erik to revitalize this church for the glory of God.
Join us as we pray for these specific prayer needs:
- Pray for a smooth transition for pastor Erik and his family at Fellowship BC.
- Pray for God’s guidance, strength, and help with their outreach efforts.
- Pray for the revitalization of FBC and the surrounding communities.
- Pray for the many children who have come through their doors and heard the gospel over the years through their AWANA and VBS ministries.
- Pray for their Jr. church and Sunday school ministries to be strengthened, and for restart of an AWANA ministry to children.
- Pray for college students who recently hosted the laser tag event, and after hearing the gospel presented, it will take root in their hearts and minds.
- Pray for the local opportunity of having several colleges nearby, that effective strategies of ministry will be developed to minister to the students.