Podcast Episode #384
Groups are important to the vitality of a church. As we discuss today, groups are often the catalyst for healthy growth in a church. If you look at a healthy church, you’ll likely see a healthy groups system.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Groups is one of the most neglected areas of church leadership.
- Someone who is in a small group is five times more likely still to be in a church after five years than someone who is not.
- People who are in groups give significantly more than those not in groups.
- Those who lead a specific ministry should also be passionate about that ministry.
- A healthy church group system is a reproducing church group system.
- I cannot overstate the importance of small groups in churches.
The six points we discuss are:
- They understand the power of groups
- Groups are a priority for the leadership
- There is a clearly identified champion for groups
- They make plans to multiply
- They have curricular consistency
- They include the priority of groups in their new member classes
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.