Podcast Episode #248
Community-focused churches often have these nine traits. Also in this episode, we talk about civic organizations and call an elk.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- If I were the new pastor at a church, one of the first things I would do is get to know the community leaders.
- Unfortunately in some communities it has taken crisis to force churches to be more involved in the community.
- The church should show itself as a servant of the community in one way or the other.
- Churches can be involved in their community no matter how big or small of a church they are.
- There will be times when the community will make requests of your church. Look for ways to meet those needs.
- Look for needs where your church can go to the community without asking for anything in return.
- Don’t miss the opportunities you have to invite others to church. Typically, people are more receptive than you expect.
- This is not a checklist for one person, this is a checklist for the church.
The nine signs of a community-focused church are:
- Reaches out to community leaders
- Intentionality about being where the people are
- The community of eating out and coffee houses
- Helping where the community says they need it
- Intentionally evangelistic
- Intentionally invitational
- In the key civic groups
- In key political meetings
- In the schools
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.