Podcast Episode #313
Easter is only three weeks away, so today we cover a few trends we are seeing in churches as we lead up to Resurrection Sunday. Also, we talk pants splitting, camels falling, and sets burning.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- If your worship center is already at +70% capacity on Sundays, you might consider adding a service on Easter.
- Churches should be taking advantage of Facebook advertising for Easter.
- Facebook advertising is the most effective and cost efficient advertising churches have available to them.
- The purpose behind high attendance invite days is to show members that people will come when invited.
- Should you have an Easter sunrise service? It depends.
- Do what is effective for your church; don’t just do what other people do.
- Try something special and unique with your Easter guest follow-up.
The eight Easter trends we discuss are:
Special emphasis for inviting
Tradition is contextual – Sunrise services, egg hunts, etc.
Involvement in community Easter activities
Cantatas are still popular for churches with choirs
Special follow up emphases.
Are you getting prepared for the changing ministry landscape? Get your Master of Divinity degree at Midwestern Seminary. The M.Div—Midwestern’s flagship degree program—is their primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a new culture of discipleship devoted to the local church and committed to taking God’s unchanging Word into a rapidly changing world. Join the movement today.
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.