Podcast Episode #469
Declining attendance isn’t as much of an issue in churches as declining frequency of attendance. Today we discuss those who miss frequently and how to solve that.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- For the Christian, corporate worship should not be considered optional.
- Too often, people miss church for reasons that would not keep them from missing work or a recreational event.
- Don’t let your church’s structure drive its mission.
- If you have leaders in the church who consider corporate worship optional, they probably shouldn’t be a leader in the church.
The five infrequent attendees that we discuss today are:
- The fading church member
- The “church is just another activity” church member
- The unbeliever/seeker
- The anti-structure church member
- The special events only church member
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.