Money is one of the most sensitive subjects in the church. It’s also one of the most visible. Churches can struggle with the right amount of financial oversight. On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss four key safeguards for better financial oversight in the church.
- Three areas often missed: Major spending outside the budget, using part of the budget for unintended purposes, and hiding personal expenses
- Safeguard #1: Have a consistent process for counting the weekly offering, inputting data, bookkeeping, preparing financial records
- Safeguard #2: Have multiple checkpoints with multiple people involved.
- Safeguard #3: Maintain transparent and consistent reporting.
- Safeguard #4: Maintain strong leadership accountability and do not make any exceptions.
- 4 Steps to Revitalization – Enter code 4StepsROL to get this resource for $131 (60% off!) through May 7, 2022
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
- Inspire is the bestselling Bible line for coloring and creative journaling
- The Inspire Bible Collection includes a variety of single-column New Living Translation Bibles and portions books featuring hundreds of beautiful line-art illustrations for coloring and wide margins for Bible journaling
- Each edition features over 400 unique Scripture line-art illustrations for coloring
- Square-trimmed coloring-book-style Scripture portions books contain full books from the Bible and are printed on thick art paper. They include all of the favorite features from Inspire, including wide margins for creative journaling and Scripture line-art illustrations for coloring. Markers, paint, and any other art supplies can be used in these special editions of Inspire.
- Learn more at inspirebible.com