Streaming is the ability to upload and receive video and audio over a computer device. Fifteen years ago, streaming was not widely available. Today, almost everyone streams. Thom and Sam discuss what this next phase of the digital revolution means for preaching in churches.
- More people have access to the best preaching. Comparisons are unfair but inevitable.
- Getting caught for plagiarism is more likely than ever.
- Pre-produced services are a good option, but most live stream their services.
- The audience is still the local church, but most pastors have an awareness the world could tune into what they say.
- Controversial and offensive statements now live forever.
- Your online presence is the new first impression for guests.
According to a recent survey, 30% of Evangelical churchgoers want more in-depth teaching. If you want to go deeper into the word, Logos is the Bible Study platform for you.
Logos fuses powerful technology with biblical resources. Access Bibles, search tools, commentaries, seminary-level courses, and even audiobooks right on your phone, tablet or desktop.
Logos offers nearly 200,000 digital books from the world’s top publishers.
Logos is now more affordable. Get started for just $49. Go to Logos.com/churchanswers.
Alisa Childers, bestselling author of Another Gospel? helps you examine modern lies that are disguised as truths in today’s culture in her new book, Live Your Truth and Other Lies.
Everyday messages of peace, fulfillment, and empowerment swirl around social media. On the surface, they seem like sentiments of freedom and hope, but in reality they are deeply deceptive.
The best lies are the ones that sounds the most beautiful, like
- Live your truth
- You are enough
- God just wants you to be happy
This is a book about planting our feet on the bedrock of God’s truth…truth that doesn’t evolve with cultural trends.
Live Your Truth and Other Lies is available October 18th and is a much-needed book in today’s culture.