A child in your church decides to follow Christ. There is no greater decision! Now what? Thom and Sam recently created a helpful checklist for pastors and church leaders to share with families.
1. Celebrate with gusto!
2. Purchase a Bible for your child. There are many age-appropriate Bibles, and we recommend the New Living Translation. You can look at several options in the Church Answers bookstore.
3. Mark the date. You can bless your child by recording the date of their salvation.
4. Record a video of your child’s testimony.
5. Write a handwritten letter to your child. Consider giving your child this letter on their eighteenth birthday or some other occasion marking a transition to adulthood.
6. Commit to a church. Frankly, you cannot equip your child in the faith without help. Everyone needs a church.
7.Seek pastoral guidance.
Check out a FREE ebook and video resource to give to your families at salvation.churchanswers.com.
- Church Answers University – SPECIAL OFFER: 50% scholarships (a value of $748). If you are interested, contact [email protected]
- Check out the Church Answers Christian bookstore! Shop curated, trusted resources for Christian life and ministry.
The Parent’s Guides to Finding True Identity bundle is for parents wondering what influences their teens today and how to guide them to be the best versions of themselves using biblical wisdom and engaging discussion questions. Each of these five booklets focuses on a different area of identity formation:
- A Parent’s Guide to Teen Identity digs deep into the lies our culture tells Gen Z about their identities and worth, offers steps to uncover false beliefs, and gives practical tips to guide teens toward their true selves.
- A Parent’s Guide to LGBTQ+ and Your Teen gives parents the vocabulary to discuss this hot-button topic with compassion and provides biblical wisdom concerning sexuality.
- A Parent’s Guide to Body Positivity gives valuable insight into the body positivity movement—how it began, its pros and cons, and why it deeply influences teen mental health.
- A Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders gives a solid overview of the types of eating disorders, what causes them, how and when to seek professional help, and strategies to discuss them with compassion.
- A Parent’s Guide to Fear and Worry offers reasons why today’s teens are so overwhelmed by fear and worry, offers tips to console them, and gives encouraging Bible verses to find peace.
Church Answers University is a fast-growing school that offers ministry training and education at a fraction of the cost of typical degree programs. The school currently offers the Certification in Christian Ministry and the Certification in Women’s Discipleship.
For Rainer on Leadership podcast listeners, we have been given FIVE 50% scholarships (a value of $748). If you are interested, contact [email protected].