Many churches have Christian schools, preschools, mom’s day out, and other similar ministries. Should these ministries be financially self-supporting? The answer is not always clear. Thom and Sam discuss six key thoughts about this issue.
- There are a number of different ministries with a similar function.
- Make certain the ministry has a clear and written purpose
- The first default is for the ministry to be self-supporting.
- The church needs to decide if “self-supporting” includes indirect costs.
- The church should consider any support to be part of the missions budget.
- The danger is that support can turn into entitlement.
Accomplish More. Juggle Less.
Virtual Assistants. Bookkeepers. Web Specialists. Social Media Managers.
Everything you need to transform your work.
Have you encountered the ideas of progressive Christianity but you aren’t sure how to respond?
Popular author, blogger, and speaker Alisa Childers brings you Another Gospel?, the book and curriculum for anyone wanting to explore the nuanced topic of progressive Christianity.
Lee Strobel says “This may be the most influential book you will read this year.”
In a culture of endless questions, you need solid answers. Alisa will show you how to determine—and rest in—what’s unmistakably true.
Visit alisachilders.com to learn more.