Ministry routines and rhythms can get out of balance at times. Today we discuss what areas are commonly most in need of a reset for pastors.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- When you get busy as a pastor, one of the first areas that gets neglected is outward focus.
- Don’t let the tyranny of the urgent compromise your fulfillment of the Great Commission.
- Whatever time you allocate for a meeting will likely get filled.
- What would change if you could cut church staff meetings in half and turn that time into evangelism and outreach?
The five things former pastors tell us they miss most about pastoring are:
- Evangelism and outreach: “I must do more!”
- Pastoral visitation: “I must equip others!”
- Meetings: “I must say ‘no’ more readily!”
- Family: “I must make them my first ministry!”
- Counseling: “I must be more careful!”
- Prayer: “I must calendar it to be a priority!”
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.