There are certain aspects of pastoral ministry that pastors simply do not like. While every pastor is different, our survey found the top ten facets of pastoral ministry like the least. Sam and Thom look at a survey we did ten years ago, and compare it to a recent survey.
1. Business meetings
2. “Supporters” who don’t support the pastor publicly
3. Funerals of non-Christians
4. Treating spouses like paid staff
6. Anonymous critics
7. Persistent critics
8. Announcements in the worship service
10. Dealing with budgets and finances
- 4 Steps to Revitalization – Enter code 4StepsROL to get this resource for $131 (60% off!) through May 7, 2022.
- Inspire is the bestselling Bible line for coloring and creative journaling
- The Inspire Bible Collection includes a variety of single-column New Living Translation Bibles and portions books featuring hundreds of beautiful line-art illustrations for coloring and wide margins for Bible journaling
- Each edition features over 400 unique Scripture line-art illustrations for coloring
- Square-trimmed coloring-book-style Scripture portions books contain full books from the Bible and are printed on thick art paper. They include all of the favorite features from Inspire, including wide margins for creative journaling and Scripture line-art illustrations for coloring. Markers, paint, and any other art supplies can be used in these special editions of Inspire.
- Learn more at inspirebible.com
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.