You can’t reach your community unless you know your community. On this week’s episode, Thom and Sam discuss the most often missed community demographics and why they are important.
- Your church address is not an accident.
- Perceived demographics are often different than real demographics.
- Most leaders cannot tell you how many people live within fifteen minutes of the church.
- Single-parent homes are far more prevalent than most realize.
- Ethnic diversity is growing almost everywhere at a pace faster than most realize.
- Why travel time to work is becoming more important.
- Check out the Church Answers Christian bookstore! Shop curated, trusted resources for Christian life and ministry.
Eligible high schoolers can earn college credit online, the first class is free (not including books and course materials), and they get a significant discount ($166 per credit vs. $613 per credit) for every subsequent class. They can choose from more than 30 available courses. Here are just a few additional details not included on the flier:
- This program is open to third-culture kids, homeschool students, private and public school students, etc.
- Students can start during any eight-week session – summer, fall, spring, each semester has two sessions as indicated on the flier
- The first-class free offer is limited. I do not yet know for how long, but we should market it as temporary for now.
- Many students have successfully completed courses during their normal school year. Classes are asynchronous, so they can access course materials at their convenience.
- Sometimes universities have similar programs and they make classes specific for high school students – HS students sitting with other HS students. In our program, participants sit in on real college courses, with actual college student peers. They get the real deal through our experience.
Pray for families around the world as you read through the Bible in one year in as little as 15 minutes a day.
With The One Year Pray for the Family Bible, you will read through the whole Bible in one year as you implement daily prayers for families around the world, including your own. This Bible provides the structure to help you read and act on God’s life-changing Word in only about 15 minutes a day. It includes 365 daily prayer prompts to help you pray for your family and for the institution of the family itself—in an intentional and manageable way. Enjoy insights from leading voices who advocate on behalf of the family, including Dr. Tony Evans, Greg and Erin Smalley, Robin Jones Gunn, Dr. Danny Huerta, and more. The One Year Pray for the Family Bible will help you apply the principles of God’s unchanging Word to an effective prayer life in support of the family.
Features of this Bible include:
- 365 daily prayer prompts
- An insightful forward from Focus on the Family resident Jim Daly laying out God’s vision for flourishing families
- Full-color pages
- The clear and accurate, easy-to-understand New Living Translation (NLT)